SSC JE is your gateway to achieving that dream. This prestigious examination is conducted annually by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) to recruit Junior Engineers in various branches of engineering for various government departments and organizations.
SSC JE offers a fantastic opportunity for young engineering graduates to secure a stable and esteemed position in the government sector. Whether you specialize in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Quantity Surveying and Contract, SSC JE provides a platform to showcase your skills and knowledge in the respective fields.
SSC JE 2023 Syllabus
The syllabus for SSC JE (Staff Selection Commission Junior Engineer) examination encompasses various subjects and topics related to different branches of engineering. The examination is conducted in two stages – Paper 1 and Paper 2. Below is a broad overview of the syllabus for both papers:
General Intelligence and Reasoning:
- Analogies, Similarities, and Difference
- Space Visualization, Spatial OrientationProblem Solving, Analysis, Judgment
- Decision Making, Visual Memory
- Coding and Decoding
- Syllogism, Statement Conclusion
- Relationship Concepts
- Arithmetical Reasoning, Verbal and Figure Classification
- Arithmetic Number Series, Non-Verbal Series
- Current Events of National and International Importance
- History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene
- General Polity, Indian Constitution
- Scientific Research
General Engineering (for Civil & Structural, Electrical, and Mechanical Engineering):
Paper 2 is specific to the engineering branch selected by the candidate. It is a descriptive paper aimed at evaluating the candidate’s technical knowledge in their respective field of engineering.
It’s important to note that the above overview is not exhaustive, and candidates are advised to refer to the official SSC JE notification and syllabus documents for the most detailed and up-to-date information.
Candidates should thoroughly prepare each subject as per the prescribed syllabus to perform well in both Paper 1 and Paper 2 of the SSC JE examination. Good luck with your preparation!
SSC JE 2023 Exam Pattern
The SSC JE (Staff Selection Commission Junior Engineer) examination consists of two stages – Paper 1 and Paper 2. Both papers are conducted in an online computer-based mode.
- The Paper 1 of SSC JE is an objective type exam.
- It comprises three sections: General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, and General Engineering (branch-specific – Civil & Structural, Electrical, and Mechanical Engineering).
- Duration of exam is 2 hours (120 minutes).
- Paper 1 total marks are 200.
- Negative marking of for each incorrect answer is 0.25 marks.
Paper 1 Exam Pattern (for all engineering branches):
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50|
- The Paper 2 of SSC JE is a descriptive paper.
- It is conducted in a pen-and-paper (offline) mode.
- Candidates have to answer descriptive questions related to their respective engineering branch – Civil & Structural, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Duration of exam is 2 hours (120 minutes).
- Paper 2 total marks are 300.
Paper 2 Exam Pattern (for specific engineering branches):
|General Engineering Part||300|
The final merit list is prepared based on the marks obtained by candidates in Paper 1 and Paper 2. Candidates who qualify in both papers are eligible for document verification, where their eligibility and other credentials are verified. Upon successful completion of the document verification process, candidates are recommended for appointment to Junior Engineer positions in various government departments and organizations.
It’s essential for aspirants to be well-prepared for both papers as Paper 1 tests their general knowledge and engineering aptitude, while Paper 2 assesses their technical knowledge in their chosen engineering field.
Educational Qualification for SSC JE 2023
The educational qualification required for SSC JE (Staff Selection Commission Junior Engineer) varies based on the different branches of engineering. Here are the educational qualifications for each engineering branch:
Junior Engineer (Civil Engineering):
- Essential Qualification: Three years Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized Institute or University.
- Desirable: Two years of working experience in Planning, Execution, and Maintenance of Civil Engineering projects.
Junior Engineer (Electrical Engineering):
- Essential Qualification: Three years Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a recognized Institute or University.
- Desirable: Two years of working experience in Planning, Execution, and Maintenance of Electrical Engineering projects.
Junior Engineer (Mechanical Engineering):
- Essential Qualification: Three years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized Institute or University.
- Desirable: Two years of working experience in Planning, Execution, and Maintenance of Mechanical Engineering projects.
Junior Engineer (Quantity Surveying and Contract):
- Essential Qualification: Three years Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognized Institute or University. Alternatively, candidates with a 3-year Diploma in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering can also apply if they have two years of working experience in Quantity Surveying and Contract in their respective field.
It’s important to note that the educational qualifications mentioned above are as of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021. The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) may update the eligibility criteria from time to time, so I recommend checking the official SSC JE notification and website for the most recent and accurate information.
Candidates who meet the specified educational qualifications and other eligibility criteria are eligible to apply for the SSC JE examination in their respective engineering branch.
How To Apply the form of SSC JE 2023?
To apply for SSC JE (Staff Selection Commission Junior Engineer) examination, follow these steps:
- Check Eligibility: Before applying, ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria for SSC JE.
- Online Registration: Visit the official website of Staff Selection Commisson.
- Choose Examination: From the list of available examinations, select “Junior Engineer (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, and Quantity Surveying & Contracts) Examination.”
- Part I Registration: Fill in the basic details such as name, date of birth, father’s name, and other personal information. Provide a valid email address and mobile number as they will be used for further communication.
- Part II Registration: After completing Part I registration, you will receive a registration number and password. Use these credentials to log in and complete Part II registration. Upload your scanned photograph and signature as per the specified dimensions and format.
- Select Examination Centers: Choose your preferred examination centers from the list of available options.
- Educational Details and Preferences: Enter your educational qualifications, engineering branch, and other relevant details as required. Select the post preference and departments where you wish to be considered for recruitment.
- Review and Submit: Double-check all the information provided in the application form before final submission. Once you are sure that all details are accurate, submit the application form.
- Application Fee Payment: Pay the application fee through the available online or offline modes. The fee amount varies for different categories, and the details will be mentioned in the notification.
- Print Application Form: After successful payment, take a printout of the application form and the fee payment receipt for future reference.
It’s essential to keep a copy of the application form and fee receipt until the completion of the recruitment process.
Please note that the application process and dates may be subject to change, so it is recommended to regularly check the official SSC website and the notification for updates and announcements related to the SSC JE examination. Additionally, ensure that you meet all the eligibility criteria before applying to avoid any issues during the selection process. Good luck with your application.
Important Dates and schedule
|Online Application Start Date||26/07/2023 to 16/08/2023|
|Last Date and time for online applications||16/Aug/2023 Upto 11pm|
|Date of ‘Window for Application Form
Correction’ and online payment of Correction
|17/08/2023 to 18/08/2023 Upto 11pm|
|Schedule of Computer Based Examination||Oct,2023|